なみかふなばし

なみかふなばし
I could spend my whole life just staring into the night sky

Friday 15 November 2019

Listen...

Hi there, Assalamualaikum :)

First thing first, Alhamdulillah, I've finally submitted my Gallery Design project. Well, things don't go as planned, but I made it anyway. Alhamdulillah. Bunch of thank you to my parents, who never stopped praying for me. To my best friends, who always convince me to do my best, and tried their best to help me from distance. You are irreplaceable. To everyone around me, who never stop encouraging me. You know who you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't know what I've done to deserve everyone, but I'm grateful for every good thing that ever happened in my life. Alhamdulillah.

So, last few days, a friend of mine came to me and confessed about everything that has been bothering her. How she was worried about her life, getting several anxiety attacks and even having suicidal thoughts. My heart broke when I heard that, honestly. Thank god, I managed to convince her to seek help. So off we go, I accompanied her to her counselling session yesterday. I tried my best to hold my tears as the session went. But it went well and she's about to be referred to a doctor soon.

You know what, I've been there. Just that I'm lucky enough because my condition wasn't as bad. That's why I kinda get the gist of what she's feeling. Plus the fact that I'm always the 'good listener', I've heard few more of my friends had almost the same experience as hers. Trust me, it breaks my heart every time. Sometimes, I feel bad because the only thing I could help was to listen to them, listen to their heart. But at the same time, I know too damn well the fact that I'm willing to listen has helped a lot. The satisfaction they got from pouring the beans is priceless. How do I know? I told you, I've been there. I still tried my best to help every possible way I could though. Like trying to solve the problem with them, or at least, convince them to seek help.

For everyone who reads this, listen. Please listen to the people around you. Always check on your 'strong' friends and if anyone ever put their trust towards you, please take care of it. Never even thought of breaking it. Because once the trust is broken, it will never be the same ever again.

To anyone who's hitting rock bottom right now, please fight it. You'll go through this and rise again. I believe, Allah will never give you something that you can't handle. I know you're strong enough to fight this painful phase of your life. Remember, you're not alone. I love you, so does everyone else. Be strong, you'll get there <3

Yours,
Abel.

2 comments:

  1. Congratz for your submission. WoW, you're caring about your friends feeling?
    But, how about your own feeling? Keep it up and stay strong facing your life too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there. Thank you! Fyi, I always keep my circle small. Quality over quantity they said. Hahaha. But thank god, I have everyone in my circle to listen to me and they're a good listener too! Thank you for your wish. I wish you the same. :)

      Delete