なみかふなばし

なみかふなばし
I could spend my whole life just staring into the night sky

Saturday 9 November 2019

A Big Fat Why

Hey there, Assalamualaikum. ;)

It's me again ahaha. So, in just 53 days, we'll reach 2020. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm still here. I mean, no one really into blogging anymore. Everyone would rather scroll their Instagram feeds, or tweets on Twitter. Blogging is so yesterday! So why am I here? Wouldn't it be better if I keep myself with the trend too?

But then I remember, I started to write as a therapy. Back then, I almost have no one to talk to. Including the fact that I don't have a really good relationship with my own family, made it even harder. Especially for a 13 years old girl? Dang, that was hard. I got used to bottling up my feelings too. That's why, even when I finally found someone to talk to, I found it hard to express my feelings.

As time passes by, I slowly developed my interest in writing. Well, nobody aced their first effort. But typically saying, "practice makes perfect". I used to read a lot of novels and slowly learn how to write a good 'cerpen' (short story). That was the only way to express my feelings back then. Every time I finished my stories, it feels like the burden I've been carrying has been lifted by the wind. Like a bird that finally freed from its cage. Well, I just somehow got some talent in writing, Alhamdulillah. My teacher eventually noticed my talent (because I would always go for cerpen during exams LOL) and keep on encouraging me to write. I even dreamed of publishing a novel.

However, as my skill reached the climax, I was enrolled in a local university. Well, you know how tough university life is. I barely got some time for myself, let alone writing? Dream on. I just kinda stopped writing since then. So this is me now, still writing but no longer writing cerpens. I do miss the time when I used to free my time to write, but now, I can only write in my free time. How pathetic. But it's okay, maybe I'll write again in the future? Who knows.

Well well, I guess that's it for tonight. Hope to see you again soon. Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment